SWORD CANES

SWORD CANES
Sword Canes are concealed weapons

Saturday, December 5, 2009

SOMETIMES ONE LESSON IS ALL THAT IS NEEDED

Over the years I have accumulated a number of brief,one-time, on- the- spot, occasional backyard, lessons in martial arts, where I have learned and retained the method(s),the technique(s),the ideas, the concepts if any, and other things either shown to me by various unknown(to the larger world) and whose names I have forgotten but not the place or the experience, little known, and some well-known martial artists or experts while others have been gleaned from being the recipient of many 'impromptu' matches,especially during childhood and some teenage days,no doubt. I have to say that many of these lessons were given to me by people not usually considered 'martial arts experts' per se or by those who might have thought they anything but, who still knew how to defend themselves in various ways,either 'approved' or 'unapproved'! I also learned a number of things about certain weapons and a lot of them from the movies, of course, like carrying a knife concealed in a shoulder holster that a good many of use began to do,although we never attempted to kill anyone. I also learned to carry a thing that could be described as 'a brass knuckle' a copper ring that was from some electrical area that I have either found or was given. I also carried a chain,old and rusty, that I have on the farm and which might have been taken from an old trap or something similar, and this was a good 'whip' to strike at 'bullies' who accosted me at times, for I was a sort of small,frail looking child for many years.

1 comment:

  1. I plan to describe and mention the various things that I have learned in comments or additional topics. My point is that if you have the ability to learn from one lessson,no matter the source,and learn it 'consciously' and intentionally and also 'emotionally' (as in a fracas or an attack) it can stay with you for life and if you remember it, recollect it, and study it, you will see how this 'one-lesson is often sufficient' rather than monotous, ongoing performance and practice. I shall attempt to describe such that comprise my accumulated 'lessons' that I carry with me everywhere I go.

    ReplyDelete