SWORD CANES

SWORD CANES
Sword Canes are concealed weapons

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

THE EYES HAVE IT......

An old Armenian friend of mine, now deceased, gave me his hunting/fishing/etc. knife and I put it into a sheath my grandfather had made for me at the shop where he worked......years before this.....and this sheath housed another knife, partly made by me and my grandfather out of an old butcher knife....... My friend, had fled Armenia when the Turks began their controversial and systematic extermination of Armenians, and taking a ship to France, he jumped ship and eventually came to the US where he died........ He worked as cook in a local restaurant where my mother waited tables and where I sometimes ate and 'POP", as everyone called him, became my friend and we often went fishing on the Connecticut River in his boat, which I actually liked rowing more than fishing from it.......it was great exercise....he also had an outboard...but only used it now and then...... This is what he told me once....he had met a Hungarian in the port in France, apparently, and sometimes some kinds of fracas took place in such places as most might surmise......the advice the Hungarian always gave in such fights and bouts and melees,etc. was 'GO FOR THE EYES'! something I had learned from my father who served in WWI....but the difference was, instead of the usual two finger thrust, which is effective, the use of the knife was done......and one could also throw pepper from a shaker,etc. or packet,etc. into the eyes if one wanted to be less lethal.......... There is more to be said on this and some other time I shall discuss this topic further for many reasons......

No comments:

Post a Comment